By now, you most likely already know that whisky can be used in many delicious ways. It’s a popular drink and used in various cocktails too. You can also use whisky in sweet and savoury dishes. Here’s how to make a delicious whisky caramel sauce that you can use in various desserts.
You will need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whisky
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- Place the sugar in a saucepan and heat over a moderate setting. Do not mix until the sugar starts to melt.
- Once it starts melting, you can stir occasionally with a fork. Continue cooking until the caramel becomes a deep caramel colour.
- Remove the caramel from the stove and add the whisky, caramel, and a pinch of salt. You will notice that the caramel will steam and it will start to harden.
- Continue cooking over a low heat while stirring until the caramel dissolves.
- Allow the caramel to cool slightly before you serve over your favourite dessert or ice cream.
- Remember, you can make this sauce up to three days in advance if you are planning on hosting guests. Cover the sauce and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. When it’s time to serve dessert, simply heat the sauce using a double boiler method (for best results) and enjoy! If you aren’t sure about using the entire bowl of sauce, you can always separate into two bowls and heat one at a time, as needed.