Pumpkin is a popular flavour during the autumn months. If you are not a fan of pumpkin or if you are simply looking for something different, why not try these delicious cinnamon apple biscuits? This recipe is easy, delicious, and perfect for the whole family.
- 2 ¼ cups wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspics
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 apples peeled and chopped
- ½ cup nondairy milk (unsweetened)
- ½ cup soy yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Oil 2 baking sheets.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, allspice, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Use a pastry blender or two forks to cut in the coconut oil until it resembles course cornmeal.
- Stir in the milk, apples, and yogurt until combined.
- Pour the mixture out onto a floured cutting surface or board.
- Pat the dough to a thickness of ½ inch.
- Use your favourite biscuit cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place the biscuits on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the middle is firm and the bottoms are browned.