Bath bombs are both fun and soothing. They include various ingredients that help soothe the body and mind. They can be really fun to make yourself and, best of all, you get to choose the scent and colour! Here’s how to make your own bath bombs!
You will need:
- ½ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ cup epsom salt
- ¼ citric acid
- 3 tsp caster oil
- 1 Tbsp essential oil
- Few drops colouring (soap or food)
- 1 Tbsp water
- Plastic mold
- Start by blending the dry ingredients in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix them all together
- In a cup, combine your wet ingredients and, remember, you can choose any scent and any colour you like! Just make sure that you don’t use too much colouring or it could stain your skin, bath tub, and towels. A few drops will be more than enough.
- Now, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk as you go.
- You will notice clumps start to form. Not to worry, just keep whisking until you have an even consistency.
- For the mold, you can use an old Christmas globe. As long as it comes apart and can be put back together, it will work perfectly fine.
- Scoop the mixture into one half of the globe and press to compress as much inside as possible. Do the same with the other half and then bring them together and make sure that your mold is perfectly sealed.
- Allow to stand overnight at room temperature or, if you’re in a hurry, you can chill for 30 minutes in the fridge and your bath bomb will be ready to enjoy!
- As you add it to your bath, you will notice it fizz as the scent and soothing properties of the ingredients are released.
- Enjoy this bath bomb yourself or package and send as gifts!