If you want to serve drinks that your guests will remember, you should offer at least a couple of cocktails. While many people think that they are difficult to prepare, here are some easy cocktails that will make your guests think of you as a true pro!
- Blend the water and sugar in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Once completely dissolved, set the sugar mixture aside to cool.
- Juice your grapefruit and strain it to remove any pulp. If you enjoy pulp, you can leave it unstrained.
- Pour the fresh juice into a pitcher and add your sugar water mixture.
- Place the fruit juice mixture in the fridge and chill for approximately one hour.
- Divide the mixture into four cocktail glasses before topping them off with cold beer.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and enjoy this refreshingly easy cocktail!
- 12 oz pumpkin ale
- 3 – 4 Tbsp of butterscotch sauce (homemade if possible)
- This easy cocktail only requires two ingredients and it is absolutely delicious.
- Combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over a medium heat.
- Whisk the mixture occasionally and allow to cook until the beer begins to boil.
- Taste and, if necessary, add more butterscotch.
- Once you achieve the perfect flavour, pour your drink into a mug and enjoy.
- If you would prefer it cold, you can skip the boiling part and blend the ingredients together instead. Take care not to blend too much or the beer will lose its bubbles.
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- ¼ – ½ oz Lillet Blanc
- ½ oz gin
- Lemon peel (garnish)
- Mix all of the ingredients together with ice in a mixing glass. Strain and pour the contents into a glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel and enjoy this easy cocktail!
Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail
- 2 oz of pomegranate liqueur
- Dry sparkling wine or champagne (chilled)
- Lemon peel (garnish)
- Pour 1 ounce of pomegranate liqueur to each of your champagne glasses
- Top off with sparkling wine.
- Stir slowly to blend without losing too many bubbles.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the top and garnish with lemon peels.
Blood Orange Rickey
- 2 blood oranges (one cut into quarters and the other one cut into thin slices to garnish)
- 8 oz of gin
- 1 litre of chilled sparkling water (if you can find orange or blood orange flavoured water – even better!)
- Simple syrup, crushed sugar cubes, or orange blossom water – optional
- You will need 4 high ball glasses for this easy cocktail recipe.
- Squeeze ¼ of the blood orange juice into each glass.
- Add sugar now if you wish.
- Add 2 ounces of gin over the juice and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with orange slices and add ice chips if you like.
These are just a few easy cocktail recipes that you can make with a few basic ingredients. While they are simple, they are also really refreshing and delicious. They are also a sure way of impressing your guests.