During the warmer months of the year, there are few things better than some delicious frozen yogurt. Here is an easy and versatile recipe you can use to put freshly frozen fruit to great use and avoid buying frozen desserts again.
You will need:
- 4 cups of frozen fruit of your choice
- 3 Tbsp of honey
- ½ cup of yogurt (use the non-fat or low-fat if you’re watching your weight)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Place all of the frozen yogurt ingredients in a food processor.
- Process together for 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container and store in your freezer.
When you make frozen yogurt, you need to remember that you can make your own flavours and combinations. You can use frozen fruit or buy fruit from the frozen section at your supermarket. If you want to use fresh fruit, clean it and cut it into pieces before freezing for a few hours.
It is important to keep in mind that you can use one type of fruit or you can mix several types of fruit when making frozen yogurt. Just consider the types of fresh fruit juice combinations you find at the shop. Banana and strawberry, for example make an excellent combo.
Feel free to experiment in small batches of frozen yogurt until you find your favourites. Once you know which fruits work best and which combinations you enjoy the most, you can make larger batches to savour over several days.