When you want to treat mum to something really special, you can’t go wrong with a delicious meal. Mother’s Day breakfast is considered to be a tradition in many homes around the world. If you are not sure what to make for mum this year, here is an easy egg cup recipe.
- 600g potatoes (peeled and finely grated)
- 2/3 cup parmesan (finely grated)
- 3 rashers of bacon (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 8 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 200C (180C for fan-forced ovens).
- Grease 8 holes in your muffin pan.
- Squeeze any excess moisture out of the potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Combine the potato and parmesan in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the holes of the pan.
- You can use the back of a teaspoon to press the mixture evenly over the base and up the sides to make a cup.
- Bake the potatoes for about 15 minutes or until the potato is golden.
- Add half of the bacon to your cups and half of your chives.
- Crack one small egg into each cup.
- Top with the remaining bacon and chives.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the bacon is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand in the pan for 5 minutes before you carefully transfer them to a wire rack lined with baking paper.
- You can serve these Mother’s Day breakfast cups hot or cold.
While this Mother’s Day breakfast recipe makes 8 cups, you can always double up and make extra. She might like to nibble on some more around lunch time because they are simply irresistible! You can serve them along with some fresh orange juice, follow the meal with some coffee or tea and be sure to have something sweet like fresh scones on hand too.