When we think about tucking into a delicious biscuit, it usually involves at least a minor debate regarding healthy, weight and calories. However, you can use this delicious biscuit recipe to treat your sweet tooth without the guilt.
- ¼ cup of margarine
- ¼ cup of creamy peanut butter (sugar-free)
- ½ cup of low calorie or calorie-free sugar substitute
- ¼ cup of sugar-free sweetener
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups of flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- ¾ cup of strawberry spread (low-sugar variety)
- Before you begin with this biscuit recipe, make sure that you preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the peanut butter and margarine together using your mixer until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Now you should add the sugar, egg whites, sweetener and vanilla gradually while beating.
- Make sure that all of the ingredients are properly blended together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the margarine mixture. Beat well during this step.
- Shape your fresh dough into approximately 40 balls and place them on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Allow the biscuits to cool slightly on the baking sheets before you move them to a wire rack to cool completely and enjoy!
While this biscuit recipe is on the lighter side, it is not completely free of sugar and carbohydrates. This means that you should still enjoy them in moderation and take care when selecting a beverage with which to pair these scrumptious cookies. If you enjoy them with a cup of tea or coffee, you don’t need to worry too much about calories. If you enjoy them with yogurt, however, you can be sure that there will be more calories to count.