If you love chicken pie and you enjoy plenty of herbs in your food, you will really enjoy this recipe. Chicken pot pie is easy to make and you can even use left over chicken from your Sunday roast. Here is an easy recipe for you to follow.
Chicken pot pie ingredients:
- 6 cooked chicken thighs (or leftovers from your Sunday roast)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- A bunch of spring onions (cut into 3cm pieces)
- 250g frozen spinach
- 350ml chicken stock
- ½ Tbsp mustard
- 200g frozen peas
- 200ml cream (half fat)
- ½ bunch of tarragon (finely chopped)
- Bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- 270g filo pastry
- Start by heating your oven too 200C.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan or pot and add your onions.
- Fry the onions for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the frozen spinach and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and discard.
- Shred the chicken and remove any bones.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pan.
- Add the mustard and chicken stock.
- Simmer and cook uncovered for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, cream and herbs.
- Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to your pie dish.
- Add the pastry to the top of your chicken pot pie.
- Brush the pastry with some oil.
- Bake for up to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
If you have a dish that you can use on your stove and in your oven, you don’t need to transfer the pie mixture from pot to casserole dish. You can simply add the pie pastry on top, brush with oil and bake. As you can see, you don’t need a lot of ingredients or time to make this delicious chicken pot pie. Serve with a fresh salad or any other side items you like.